Keyword research is a three-step process:
- Find keyword ideas that people are searching for
- Check their ranking difficulty
- Figure out the best way to rank
The best free keyword research tools
- Keyword Generator for finding popular keyword ideas.
- Answer The Public for finding keywords phrased as questions.
- ChatGPT for finding seed keyword ideas.
- Ahrefs Webmaster Tools for finding low-hanging keyword opportunities.
- Google Keyword Planner for finding related keywords.
- Google Search Console for finding declining keywords.
- Google Trends for finding breakout keywords.
- SERP Checker for analyzing a keyword’s traffic potential.
- Keyword Difficulty Checker for checking a keyword’s ranking difficulty.